Thursday, November 29, 2012

The True State of Things

There's my beat-up old kitchen 
in all of its messy glory. Yikes, huh?
I don't think I've ever made such a big mess!
Oh, and a happy little note:
My photo-teacher told me to stop by
her office today, and she handed me the camera
that I turned in yesterday and told me to
enjoy it over the holiday!
Sweet.

In the early days of blogs and internet fun,
the Flylady used to say, “Make your sink shine!”
That was how she got us to jump-start
the domino effect of order
that would theoretically take over the house.
I thought of the Flylady today when I gave my messy kitchen a glance.
Wow! What happened in there?!
I usually keep a tidy place and feel unsettled in a mess,
but when I get super-focused on stuff that must be done,
I go blind to what is around me,
and I hardly notice that chaos is mounting.
But now I can see again,
and remembering Flylady’s nudgings from the past,
if I can find my sink when I return home from my next class,
I will make it shine!

6 comments:

  1. Susan You'll enjoy restoring the order. A nice change of pace and activity from studying. Hope your final went very well. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! And yes, it felt nice to get things back to normal around here. I don't think I ever want that to happen again! Wow. :-)

      Delete
  2. you know, i can handle mess in most areas of my house but if the area around the sink is a mess it really brings me down. {with seven kids, it often is :)} but we all work together in cleaning it pretty well so that helps. it is a strange thing though that if the sink is clean you can breathe easier. hope your autumn days are treating you beautifully. thank you for all of your kind comments on my blog. "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."... you speak apples of gold to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is funny about the sink thing, isn't it?! The Flylady was onto something (You probably have no idea who that is, huh?! :-) )And you're welcome. I really love to read your blog, Amy. You have a sweet, grateful spirit.

      Delete
  3. Well I just popped in to say hello...enjoy your pictures from the past posts. Back in Florida after 6 months in Portland, and miss the beautiful Oregon landscape.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Good to see you again. Is the back and forth moving hard to do? I can't imagine. But Florida must be awfully nice. . . :-)

      Delete